Friday, March 30, 2012

Hemey Update

Hemoglobin dropped to 9.0  :(

Hemey said that it could partially be caused by being sick and due to having my period recently.  Whatever the case, he raised my Procrit dosage to 8,000 units weekly (up from 4,000 units).  It is still a relatively low dose, but we are aiming to keep my hemoglobin level as close to 11.0 without going over as possible.

Hemey was about to let me go, but I was being nosy and looking at my lab results and noticed that my WBC count was down to 1.5.  I pointed this out to Hemey, and he concurred that this was very low.  Hemey decided to have me come in again next week to check my blood counts again and warned me that if I get chills or a temperature of 100 degrees or higher, I need to come in.  He said that it is dangerous with a WBC count that low.  If WBC count is still low next week, I'll need to check in with Rheumy as well and will probably need to increase my Prednisone dosage.

Other than my lingering cough, I have been feeling okay.  I'll still try to take it easy this weekend and get lots of rest.

- a little lupie -

No comments:

Post a Comment