Friday, February 22, 2013

My View Series #9

I was doing some internet research on what could trigger a lupus flare and came across a magazine called Lupus Now. It had some good articles to help lupies deal with their symptoms and learn to live with lupus. They have a section called "My View" where they have readers respond to a question. In the Summer 2011 issue, they asked, "What would you tell a friend who has just been diagnosed with lupus?" I really liked some of the responses, so I'll share some of them in a series of posts.
*****
I am a very active person who was diagnosed with lupus. The slow days when I can hardly walk and the pains traveling here and there are not pleasant. But I refuse to let these things get the best of me. I stay positive, rest when I have to, take medicine when needed, and do all I can on the good days. Love those good days. I will not accept defeat. Fight! And enjoy each day as it comes.—Louise Linda Sherriff
- a little lupie -

No comments:

Post a Comment