Friday, March 1, 2013

Uh Oh

I have the laboratory send me a copy of my test results, so I usually see them before I go to see Rheumy.  I got the results today and they don't look too good.  RBC, WBC, Hemoglobin, and Hematocrit are all low.  C3 complement is low, which according to Google means that I am more prone to bacterial infections...a low C3 is often seen in people with auto-immune disease.  My sedimentation rate is high (34), which indicates inflammation.  And the one that got me...my double stranded anti-DNA is off the charts (>300) which indicates more lupus activity.  I don't think it has been this high for a while.

Despite the lab results, I have been feeling okay.  I've managed to start exercising a few times a week, and I feel like it is helping me.  I see Rheumy tomorrow morning, so we'll see what he says.  Last time I went, he indicated that they usually will not change my medications if I am not experiencing symptoms, despite what the lab work says.

- a little lupie -

2 comments:

  1. Hi, i accidentally found your website because i've been looking for alternative treatments for lung cancer that metastasize to the brain.

    I've been internet researching on-and-off for my daughter who was diagnosed in Dec. 2009 of having a stage 4 cancer tumor in her right lung. Informed after a biopsy that she was to die within 6 months, my daughter--now only 36, non-smoker, married with two young sons--chose to heal herself through non-traditional means, that is why she is still around, still fighting the "Big C" in her about 105 lb. body (down from about 125).

    During the last 2 weeks, she started taking orally Vitamin C encapsulated in liposomes (an alternative to Vitamin C IV). There are home-made liposomal vitamin C, but my daughter uses Lipo-Spheric Vitamin C. She seems to be responding well as she is now doing some light household chores.

    Before I read your posts, i came across a website of the Riordan Clinic, and somehow read about Rheumatoid Arthritis. I clicked a link there, found "lupus", googled "etymology of lupus", found "wolf", found your website, read 2 or 3 recent posts, and came to know that both RA and Lupus are autoimmune diseases.

    Here's a link to the article, about a published research, a treatment of RA with IVC:
    http://www.riordanclinic.org/2013/riordan-clinic-research-institute-update/

    Here's my daughter's website.
    http://www.cancerfreemia.com/page/6/

    Even as i know (at least for now) that Lupus and RA are chronic diseases, i hope and pray you will be lupus-free the soonest.
    Dan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dan, thanks for your comment and links. I am sorry to hear about your daughter's cancer but happy to hear that she has beat the odds and continues to fight. Sending you and Mia strength, prayers, and healing thoughts. Take care.

      Delete