Sunday, September 11, 2011

Too Many Pills

I went to pick up some of my maintenance meds from the pharmacy and saw that Rheumy had called in the prescription as a three-month supply.  Seeing the huge containers filled with pills made me realize just how much drugs I am putting into my body.  This was only for 2 out of the 4 medications I take daily.

I know some people have had success with a naturalistic/holistic approach to treating lupus, but I don't know if I'm ready to try that route yet.  Seeing all of these pills certainly makes me think about it, though.  I really hate to rely on pills for the rest of my life.

I'm also collecting quite a nice supply of orange bottles in my medicine cabinet.  I feel bad throwing them away, but I'm not really sure what to do with them.  Any ideas?  I feel like they would be useful for something...craft supplies, maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment