Friday, November 11, 2011

Feeling Better

It's been three weeks since my first Procrit shot.  I feel like it has given me more energy than before, but I still don't feel "normal" or how I feel like I should.  It has helped me in that I have some energy to run a quick errand or go out to dinner after work.  I used to be wiped out and in bed by about 7 pm, but I can stay up until 9-10 now.

I went to see Hemey today and my bloodwork confirmed that my hemoglobin did indeed go up, which is the good news.  The bad news?  I am at 10.9...once I hit 11, I can't get the Procrit anymore.  I know I should be grateful for what I have, but a part of me is a little pissed that this is the best I can get.  A level between 12 and 15 is considered normal, but since I am "good enough to survive," I don't deserve better?!  Hemey dropped my Procrit to 4,000 units weekly (previously I was at 10,000 units weekly) to try to keep my hemoglobin at the same level.  If I go above 11, I'll have to stop taking the Procrit for a while.  Hemey said that the lowest dosage they give is 2,000 units every other week and the highest dosage is 60,000 units every week, so I am on the low side.

Oh, how I'd love to just feel "normal" again...

- a little lupie -

No comments:

Post a Comment