Monday, June 11, 2012

A Belated Happy World Lupus Day

I really have been neglecting my lupus updates! Not only that, I have been neglecting checking in on some of the other lupies that I follow through their blogs. I just read a post from Cori and realized that I missed World Lupus Day on May 10.

Check out her post here: http://corislupusupdates.blogspot.com/2012/05/what-world-lupus-day-lupus-awareness.html

I relate to a lot of what Cori says in this post. I disclose and vent a lot about my lupus situation on this blog, but I don't go advertising it or my situation on Facebook or in daily interactions. My family and close friends know about my condition and will occasionally ask how I am doing, but I never know if they want to know more than just "fine" or "good". This blog gives me the opportunity to just let everything out and people can choose to read it or not. For those of you who do read, please know that I appreciate that you are interested in learning more about lupus.  This has definitely been a learning experience for me -- not only in learning about the disease itself, but also in how to cope and to be more empathetic to others who are dealing with what life has dealt them.  If you ever have questions or want to know more, feel free to ask (or leave a comment)...I'm happy to discuss!

- a little lupie -

No comments:

Post a Comment