Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Doing Better

I got my lab results in the mail today.  I don't go see Rheumy until Friday, but he had me take the labs a week before since some of the tests he ordered would take longer than the normal CBC.  One of the tests he ordered was the Anti-dsDNA test, which is a specific test for lupus.  If these antibodies are present, it is a strong indication of lupus.  When I was first diagnosed, Dr. C ordered the test and the result came back as ">300".  A result of <=4 is considered negative, 5-9 indeterminate, and >=10 is positive.  Needless to say, >300 was a huge indicator.  The lab results I just got today show my Anti-dsDNA level at 29, which is way lower than it was back last January.  I'll have to ask Rheumy about what that means...perhaps it is lower because I'm not flaring?

I don't want to jinx it, but my other lab results look good too!  My White Blood Cell Count is 3.9, which is considered in the normal range (3.8-10.8).  My Red Blood Cell Count is still a little low at 3.3, but my Hemoglobin is 12.1!  That is the highest it has been since my diagnosis, and it is considered in the normal range (12.0-16.0).  I have been feeling a lot better, so I'm glad my lab results are reflective of that.  My sedimentation rate is still a little high, indicating some inflammation, and there are trace amounts of blood in my urine, so that is something we'll need to continue to monitor.

I have a sore in my mouth under my tongue which has been bothering me for the past few days.  It is a symptom of lupus, so I'll let Rheumy know about it on Friday.  Other than that, I have been doing well.  I hope Rheumy agrees!

- a little lupie -

No comments:

Post a Comment