Saturday, January 12, 2013

Back on the P

I went to the Rheumy last week and described the latest problems I've been dealing with -- primarily joint pain and fatigue.  My lab results confirmed that lupus activity is up.  At this time, we aren't sure if the lupus is ramping up again or if this is just a mini-flare brought on by "over-doing it" over the holidays.  We decided to put me back on a low dose of prednisone (1-2 mg/daily) to help manage the symptoms and hopefully keep the lupus from getting worse.  The good news is that Rheumy said that as long as I don't have a major flare or have to go on 10+ mg of prednisone, I don't have to re-start my 6-month clock.

I talked to Rheumy a little about when I am supposed to call in if I notice any symptoms.  I feel silly calling in every time I have a little joint pain or feel fatigued.  It's really about knowing my body and knowing when something is out of the ordinary.  If I'm ever unsure, he said it is better to just call.

- a little lupie -

No comments:

Post a Comment