Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Lab Results

I got copies of my latest lab work results in the mail today.  While my counts are all still low, they are improved from the prior week's test.  Here's a rundown of the counts that I monitor most:

WBC Count - 1.5 (normal is 3.8-10.8) -- this is lower than my "normal" low WBC count.  The prior week was 1.2.

Abs Neutrophils - 0.92 (normal is 1.80-7.70) -- this is the one Rheumy was worried about.  Hospitalization usually occurs at 0.50.  My test one week prior to this was at 0.75, so it has improved a little.

RBC Count - 2.79 (normal is 3.60-5.40).  Prior week was 2.59.

Hemoglobin - 10.1 (normal is 12.0-16.0) -- this is the one that I am taking Procrit for.  It was 9.4 the prior week.

Sedimentation Rate - 55 (normal is 0-20) -- this is the one that measures inflammation.  Prior week was at 87, my all-time high (since my lupus diagnosis).

I have another blood test scheduled this week, but this time with Hemey, so I'm interested to see what the results are.

- a little lupie -

No comments:

Post a Comment