Monday, January 16, 2012

One Year...

Today marks one year from my lupus diagnosis.  

The first year of lupus was a year of survival for me.  I gave in to lupus a lot and did whatever I needed to make it though the day.  I spent many days doing nothing but lying in bed.  I didn't exercise much because my body was always too tired.  After not being able to keep anything down and losing ten pounds, I gained my appetite back and ate anything and everything...it just felt so good to eat.  When I started gaining the weight back and then some, I blamed it on the prednisone.  I basically just did what I could to survive, and I did -- I survived a year with lupus.

But going forward, I want to do more.  I don't want to just survive, I want to live.  I want to be able to go out and be active again.  I want to eat healthier and take less medication.  I want to take care of my body so that it can take care of me.  I want to prove that although I have lupus, it doesn't have me.

- a little lupie -

No comments:

Post a Comment