Sunday, April 14, 2013

Hair Loss...Again...

Back when I first got dianosed with lupus, I was experiencing a lot of hair loss.  Luckily, it slowed down, and I got my full head of hair back.  Recently, however, it seems that the hair loss has started again.  I constantly have loose hairs falling onto my clothes, end up with hand fulls of hair when washing my hair, and a brushfull of hair from brushing.  There are hairballs (or Cousin Its, as hubby calls them) all over the house.  When I went to get my hair cut the other week, the stylist noted that I have a bald spot starting.  Wah!!!  :`(

Hair loss is both a symptom of lupus and a side effect of taking prednisone.  I have a feeling mine is more related to the lupus being active since the hair loss doesn't correlate with my prednisone dosage.  In any case, I hope it stops soon...

- a little lupie -

No comments:

Post a Comment