Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Diet?

A friend posted this picture on Facebook and it got me wondering if a change in my diet would help with lupus.  #4 states that diagnosis of an autoimmune disease such as lupus could be a sign of gluten intolerance.  #8 talks about fatigue and #9 talks about inflammation and joint pain.  People have mentioned changing my diet before, but seeing this picture really helped me relate diet to the symptoms I'm experiencing.  I'm not ready to go gluten-free yet, but it is something I will be looking into.  If you've done a special diet to help with a medical condition, I'd love to hear your thoughts!



- a little lupie -

2 comments:

  1. I was diagnosed with Celiac disease 9 years ago, when I was still in high school. It was a bit hard going gf, but I stopped having as many migraines and stomachaches and I became more outgoing. I also lost weight, because there weren't many good gf options at the time.

    These days, it's a lot easier. The food is good, if still expensive, and mainstream brands like General Mills have stepped up. If you eat that stuff, you certainly won't lose weight.

    If you decide to go gf, you should try it for about a month to see if you feel better. I had to cut out dairy for a month as well, but that's hard. If you feel better, stick with it. If not, well, it isn't worth the money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @baimeeker - Thank you so much for sharing your experience and thoughts. I like the idea of a one month test run. I'll post an update if I decide to give it a try.

      Delete