Sunday, May 12, 2013

For My Mom

image credit: Lovely Living
This Mother's Day post is dedicated to who else but my wonderful Mommy!  My mom has always been my biggest supporter and teacher, but each day I find more reasons to love her even more.

Throughout my lupus journey, she has been the support system that helps get me through the tough days.  She asks me questions to try to understand what I am going through.  She never makes me feel bad for cancelling plans at the last minute when I'm not feeling well.  She praises me instead of making me feel guilty for sleeping in late or lying around in bed all weekend.  She can sense from looking at me or hearing my voice when I'm not feeling well even when I say "I'm okay."  She anticipates ways she can help me and does it before I even have a chance to ask.

Mom, thank you for everything you do for me.  I know sometimes I forget to say it, but I recognize and appreciate all the millions of things you do for me every day. You have made me the person I am today and I hope to one day be half as amazing as you are.  I love you! :)

- a little lupie -

1 comment:

  1. Thanks little lupie... You are an remarkable young lady and never cease to amaze me! You have such wisdom and strength that will carry you through life's challenges. All my love... little one.

    ReplyDelete