Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My New BFFN (Best Friend For Now)

Oh, Mr. Prednisone...what would I do without you?

After my first dose of prednisone, I felt better almost immediately.  My joints weren't as achy, I had more energy, and my appetite kicked in.  Boy, did my appetite kick in.  I'm suddenly always hungry.  When I eat, I don't get full -- I just get tired of the physical act of eating or stop because everyone else is done eating.

Overall, though, I am feeling back to "normal"...maybe a little tired, but not fatigued like I was when I was flaring.  I usually do not like to take drugs, but these little white pills have helped make me feel like myself again.  There was a point during my flare when I didn't think I'd ever want to get out of bed and do anything again.  I'm happy to say that has passed and I am finally looking forward to doing things.

I'm grateful to the prednisone for calming my flare, but I am still scared of the side effects.  I've already experienced some of the side effects, including weight gain, weak thigh muscles, and heart palpitations.  While prednisone is my best friend right now, I hope I'll be able to say goodbye soon...

-a little lupie -

No comments:

Post a Comment