Monday, January 24, 2011

Just a Little Lupie...

Hello, world.  I'm starting this blog to help me deal with my recent lupus diagnosis.  I'm not sure who will read it or if anyone would even be interested in reading it, but it will help me document my condition and voice the millions of thoughts floating around in my head.

It has been about a week since I was diagnosed with lupus.  At the time, I had heard of the disease but knew absolutely nothing about it.  The doctor gave me some handouts and I have been spending a lot of time searching online for more information about it.  I also came across discussion boards and blogs from other "lupies" -- as we call ourselves -- that have given me more insight as to how the disease can affect you on a more personal and emotional level.  That is part of the reason I have decided to start my own blog.  I hope to share the information I learn about lupus, keep you updated on my situation, and hopefully help others who are in similar situations.

- a little lupie -

No comments:

Post a Comment