Tuesday, May 3, 2011

May is Lupus Awareness Month


One of the biggest reasons I started this blog was to raise awareness of lupus.  Honestly, before I was diagnosed with it, I had absolutely no idea what it was.  I didn't know what the symptoms were, and I had no idea that these random things I was experiencing (joint pain, fatigue, hair loss) were caused by this thing called lupus. I was lucky that my doctor was astute to these symptoms and was able to quickly get me tested and diagnosed so that I could start receiving the treatment I needed. While I don’t wish lupus upon anyone, my hope is that my experiences can help others suffering from the disease and those around them.

For more on lupus awareness month and events going on in your area, check out The Lupus Foundation of America and The Lupus Research Institute websites.

- a little lupie -

No comments:

Post a Comment