Saturday, June 25, 2011

Exercise

Rheumy has told me that once I am up for it, exercise would be beneficial to my health.  Since I've been diagnosed, though, my energy level has been low, and I haven't really pushed myself to be very active.  I generally get winded after walking a few blocks or walking up one flight of stairs.  Lately, with all the stuff I've been doing around the house to get ready for our move, I've noticed that I've gotten a lot weaker.  My arms burn from carrying a load of clothes to the washer.  I need to rest after vacuuming one room.  In general, I move much slower, and it takes me longer to get things done.  I'm not sure if this is a result of the lupus or if it is just a result of my inactivity.  Maybe I need to push myself a little more, but I don't want to push myself too hard and end up flaring.  Almost seems like a catch-22...I guess it's all about balance...

- a little lupie -

No comments:

Post a Comment