Friday, June 3, 2011

Okay?

First of all, let me say that this does not mean I'm not okay when I say "I'm okay."  Most of the time, I really am okay.

Even if you're not suffering from a chronic condition, I'm sure you can relate to the "I'm okay" automatic response when someone asks how you are doing.  We live in a culture where it is more of a rhetorical salutation rather than a genuine question.  Most times you don't really even wait for a response.  Sometimes you really don't want to hear about all of the person's problems, as you are probably dealing with a bunch of your own.

Sometimes saying "I'm okay" is just easier...but it is always nice to get a hug and know that someone understands without you having to say anything and that sometimes it is okay to not be okay.
 
- a little lupie -

No comments:

Post a Comment