Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead

Don't worry...I'm not talking about myself (although, at times I am chubby, unhealthy, and not living life to the fullest).  Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead is a documentary that I've seen on my Netflix page for the past few weeks.  I never bothered to read the info on it since I'm not really into fad-diets or exercise programs. 
HOWEVER, as I was browsing through some of my lupie blogs, Carla (The Singing Patient), wrote about the DVD and mentioned that it was about Joe Cross, a man who was 100 pounds overweight thanks to all the steroids he was taking for a debilitating autoimmune disease.  Now this caught my attention! 

The Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead website says that the film documents Joe's journey as he decides to go on a 60-day juice fast and travel across the US to talk to other Americans about their health. 

The film has gotten good reviews, so I am inclined to check it out.  I've added it to my Netflix queue and will report back once I've watched it.

- a little lupie -

No comments:

Post a Comment