Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I Hate It...

I am sitting here with 4 little pills in front of me....stalling...because I hate taking my medication.  It sounds really silly, but it is really something I dread.  I almost would say that it is the worst part of having lupus, but now that really is silly.  I still haven't mastered pill swallowing, so it takes me a couple gags before I get it down.

The other part I hate is probably something that others can relate with -- the side effects.  Right now, my joints and fatigue are not that bad, and the number one thing I am suffering from is the nausea that comes from taking my medication!  Knowing that the nausea is connected to the pill makes it even tougher to swallow!

I take my azathioprine and plaquenil at night now so that I can sleep through some of the nausea, but it causes me to put it off and put it off.  When I took all my medication in the morning, I'd do it and it'd be over for the rest of the day.  Now it is something I spend the whole day dreading... :(

Okay, guess I have to stop whining and suck it up now (actually, swallow it down).  Here I go...

- a little lupie -

No comments:

Post a Comment