Monday, July 18, 2011

Malaise

I never heard of the term "malaise" before I had lupus, but I'm pretty sure it is what I am suffering from these days. 

Malaise can be defined as a generalized feeling of discomfort, illness, or lack of well-being.  It's when you know that something is wrong but can't pinpoint what it is. Malaise is a symptom that can occur with almost any significant health condition. It may start slowly or quickly, depending on the type of disease.  Fatigue occurs with malaise in many common diseases. Mailaise can be accompanied by a feeling of not having enough energy to accomplish usual activities.

My nausea has subsided, and has been replaced by malaise.  I don't necessarily feel bad -- I can still manage through my day -- but I definitely don't feel good.  Malaise may be a symptom of lupus, and it may be a side effect of medication, so it is difficult for me to to identify the cause.  I have found that once I start to get hungry, I quickly become weak and fatigued.  I also need to allow myself more time to rest between activities.  Hopefully this will pass soon...
- a little lupie -

No comments:

Post a Comment