Monday, February 7, 2011

Lupie and the Lupettes

Only a day after I started sharing my blog and news about my condition with family and friends, I've gotten a lot of positive feedback.  I've decided to make up my own word and call these people -- my support system --"lupettes".  While these people don't have lupus, lupus doesn't just affect the individual with the disease...it affects the people around them as well.  So, while they are not "lupies", they are tied to the disease and deserve a cute name too... :)

So, lupettes, I wanted to thank you for your feedback and comments, both on the site, through e-mail, and in-person.  It's good to hear that others want to learn more about the disease and are willing to go on this journey with me.  Mommy Kristi reminded me that it is these difficult times that make us stronger and bring us closer.  I was almost brought to tears when SC said that I reminded her of Popo (my hero).  It also hit me when she said that it is okay to feel angry or frustrated sometimes.  I try to stay positive and keep a smile on my face, but grieving and being angry is all part of the coping process too.  Still others have sent me their thoughts and prayers and reminded me that they are there to support me in anyway they can.  I am one lucky lupie!

- a little lupie -

No comments:

Post a Comment