Thursday, February 3, 2011

Lupus Lessons - Take 1

I know I've only been diagnosed with lupus for a short time, and I didn't even know what lupus was 3 weeks ago, but I feel like it has already changed my outlook on life.
  • Lupus makes me appreciate the good days and teaches me not to take my health for granted (as I did for the past 30 years).
  • Lupus teaches me to pay more attention to my body, how it reacts to different situations, and understand its needs.
  • Lupus forces me to slow down and realize that I can't be Superwoman all the time...and that's okay.
  • Lupus makes me re-prioritize and focus on what's really important.
  • Lupus shows me what a great support system I have and makes me even more grateful for my wonderful family and friends.
  • Lupus teaches me to be more empathetic and understanding of other people because I never know what issues they are dealing with.
This is just Take 1, as I'm sure there will be many more "Lupus Lessons" to come.

- a little lupie -

1 comment:

  1. I so agree with your post! I am a 35yr old mother to 3 and I was diagnosed 7yrs ago the same day I found out I was pregnant with our last daughter. My life has completely changed, somewhat for the good as well as the bad. It has caused me to really be in the moment and not speed by things! I have enjoyed reading your blog and will continue to check back periodically. I too blog about my life with Lupus, if you want you can check it out at http://www.lupieloop.blogspot.com/
    Lots of soft (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete