Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Eye Doc

I had an appointment with my ophthalmologist today. Because plaquenil can cause some damage to the retina, it is important to get a baseline exam and have your ophthalmologist monitor any changes in your eye on a regular basis.

When I went in today, eye doc took some pics of my eyes, dilated my pupils to examine them, and tested the pressure. She said that my eyes look healthy right now, but we will continue to monitor it yearly. They used to suggest monitoring it every six months, but now they have found that yearly is sufficient unless there are other risks or complications.

I also mentioned my dry eyes and she gave me some rewetting drops. I'll try that for now while we figure out my other medications and stabilize the lupus. If it doesn't improve, I'll ask eye doc for some other options. I've tried Restatsis before, but it made me cry spontaneously, so I stopped using it.

- a little lupie -

No comments:

Post a Comment