Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sleep

I mentioned earlier that I implemented a 10:30 bedtime for myself.  This allows me to get 8 hours of sleep, but I still find myself tired throughout the day.  I came across a lupie discussion board that was discussing the amount of sleep they get a day.  Many lupies get 10-12 hours of sleep plus a 2 hour nap.  When flaring, this easily goes up to 14 hours +.  I can attest to this as I pretty much slept all day during my flare, getting up only to go to the bathroom.

This makes me wonder if I need to set an earlier bedtime for myself.  How much sleep do you get a night?  What would your ideal amount be if you didn't have to worry about other things (going to work, taking care of kids, etc.)?

- a little lupie -

1 comment:

  1. I get 7 lucky, but I love my TV. You need to go to bed earlier. Oh gosh, taking care of kids, makes sleeping a little more difficult ;)

    ReplyDelete