Thursday, March 31, 2011

Hair Monster

As I mentioned earlier, I'm suffering from a lot of hair loss. It still hasn't slowed down, and it is now noticeably thinner -- not only to myself, but to others. I used to have a hard time holding up my hair with those giant claw clips because I had so much hair. Now I can easily put it up with one small clip :( There is so much hair on my bed, the floor, the sink, everywhere. My husband says, "Looks like the hair monster has been here!"

I read another lupie blog post about hair loss and thought I would share it with you. I think I am between stage #2 ("Hmmm. I'm really losing a lot of hair. Like, a lot.") and stage #3 ( "Okay. This hair loss is not cool.").  I am really dreading stage #4 ( "Yes, those are bald spots. And yes, I'm losing my hair...but it's okay. I'm dealing with it.") and hoping that the "hair monster" will have mercy on me.  It is a sucky situation (for lack of a more eloquent word), but it is somewhat comforting that I am not alone in this.

http://despitelupus.blogspot.com/2011/03/lupus-hair-loss-managing-fallout.html

In her follow-up post, she gives some tips for "Lupus LOCKdown."

http://despitelupus.blogspot.com/2011/03/lupus-lockdown-hair-loss-tricks-and.html

- a little lupie -

No comments:

Post a Comment